About Antimicrobial Copper CuLEAN® Strength Equipment
What is CuLEAN® Antimicrobial Copper by CuVerro®?
Many ancient cultures, including the Egyptians, Romans and Greeks, recognized the inherent antimicrobial properties of copper. Copper-lined vessels were used to sterilize drinking water. Copper compounds were used to treat wounds and infections.
With the recent outbreaks of untreatable infections including MRSA, which is often traced back to the work out facility, Black Iron Strength® took the ancient technology of copper and applied it to strength equipment. With this patented technology, Black Iron Strength® is the only equipment manufacturer to offer to offer free weight equipment with copper touch points. Copper surfaces by CuVerro® has been shown to kill more than 99% of bacteria within two hours of contact. Given that bacteria can survive on surfaces for months, Black Iron Strength® prefers to use CuLEAN® Antimicrobial Copper on their products and equipment. It is simply the best material for all surfaces as bacteria cannot thrive or survive on it.
The POWER of CuLEAN® Antimicrobial Copper Gripping Surfaces by CuVerro®
- PROVEN to kill 99.9% of bacteria in two hours or less.*
- ONLY EPA registered solid surface grips on free weight equipment.
- WORKS continuously between cleanings--24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- ECONOMICAL and durable. Lasts lifetime of equipment. Easily maintained.
- RECYCLABLE, environmentally responsible, green product.
CuLEAN® Antimicrobial Copper Products fight MRSA
- More than half of athletic trainers surveyed in a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said they have treated an athlete with a skin infection caused by MRSA.1
- According to the CDC, the ‘superbug’ MRSA is typically spread from person to person through direct skin contact, or contact with shared items or surfaces, such as weight training equipment.
- Black Iron Strength® EPA registered CuLEAN® antimicrobial copper gripping surfaces by CuVerro® eradicates the cross contamination of MRSA from person to person.
*Laboratory testing demonstrates effective antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Escherichia coli 0157:H7, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Methicillinresistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). When cleaned regularly, CuVerro® surfaces kill more than 99.9% of bacteria within two hours of exposure and continue killing more than 99% of bacteria, even after repeated contamination.
1 17th Annual Scientific Session of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America. Note: More scientific support documents are available upon request.
Protected by US Utility Patent issued to Black Iron Strength®.